Thursday 24 October 2019

My favourite four breakfast and brunch spots in Norwich

It's been a while since I've posted about breakfasts so I thought I'd share my 2019 list of my four personal favourite places to go for breakfast or brunch in Norwich. These places are in alphabetical order as I can never decide on a favourite. All incredible places you really should visit in Norwich!


Artel
67 London Street
Norwich
NR2 1HL

Website
Instagram
Click here for the menu
Brunch served:
Mon-Fri 8am till 2pm
Sat 9am till 3pm
Sun 10am till 2pm 
 
Artel is a great space to relax in and is dog friendly too, the menus offer good vegetarian and vegan options along side the meat dishes. Every time I've been to Artel for brunch I've chosen the fried chicken as it's exceptionally good here. The current menu features Deep fried harissa-spiced chicken, lime avocado, red pepper sauce and maple syrup on a malt waffle, superb! I also highly recommend the Fried chicken sandwich (pictured above), between the toasted brioche bun you'll find Harissa fried chicken, smashed avocado, house slaw and a fried egg. As I'm writing this though I hear Artel are about to launch a new Autumn/Winter menu. It will feature a Weekday/Saturday brunch menu and a different Sunday menu which will include an Artel fry up. I'll report back on this once the new menu has been launched.
--------------------
The Ber Street Kitchen 
141-143 Ber Street
Norwich
NR1 3EY

Website
Instagram
Click here for the menu
Breakfast served:
Mon-Sat 8am till 2.30pm
Sun 9.30am till 11.30am

The Ber Street Kitchen has grown from strength to strength in it's first year to become an incredibly popular breakfast spot in NR1. On a recent visit I noticed how the Full English had been tweaked slightly and is now better than ever. The beans are now served on the plate due to popular demand and the breakfast also includes black pudding bon bons, these are so good! The meats served here are by Swannington Farm to Fork and if you're lucky you may even get served a double yolk egg. The menu also features a selection of hash dishes and plenty of vegan and vegetarian options. There's a garden out the back and it's dog friendly too so be sure to give them a visit if you haven't already been. I also hear they serve the best Sunday roast in Norwich!

--------------------
Olives
40 Elm Hill
Norwich
NR3 1HG 

Website
Instagram
Click here for the menu
Breakfast served:
Tues-Fri 9am till 2.15pm
Sat 8am till 2.15pm
 
I've been talking about breakfast at Olives for many years now and it's often described as the best Full English breakfast in the country! The vegetarian and vegan breakfasts here are as creative as the meat version and there's a Gluten Free breakfast on the menu too. What makes this breakfast stand out from the others is the use of streaky bacon, a homemade bubble & squeak patty and it's distinctive presentation. The cafe is dog friendly and gets very busy so my advice is to arrive early if possible. I'd also advice ordering the exceptional black and white pudding by Fruit Pig Co, the best puddings out there in my opinion!

--------------------
Street Cafe
147 Magdalen Street
Norwich
NR3 1NF 

Facebook
Instagram
Click here for the menu
Breakfast served:
Mon-Sat 8am till 3.30pm
Sun 9am till 1.30pm

The Street Cafe is my local and I've been coming here for many years now because the service is exceptional and their Full English breakfasts are out of this world! The menu features meat, vegan and vegetarian breakfasts in different sizes and there's even the option to build your own. The presentation is perfect every time and Andy cooks the best ever fried eggs which are locally sourced free range eggs from P J Southgate. Archers of Norwich supply the meats used on this breakfast (best sausages on the planet!) and the black and white pudding comes from Fruit Pig Co. The bread is from Ketts Hill Bakery and the beans by Heinz which makes up this magnificent breakfast. If you haven't been to the Street Cafe yet then I suggest you check it out as soon as possible, love this place!


4 comments:

  1. I have to say, the black pudding from Fruit Pig Co really disappointed me, don't get me wrong, it's a quality product but there was just a perfumery flavour that I didn't like. For it's still Stornoway or Stauntons Black Pudding for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved away from this part of norwich nearly 25 years ago - there was a really great small cafe called 'Ds' which might have been where the Street Cafe is now - it was there or thereabouts. Given what that breakfast looks like, I wouldn't complain about it being replaced in this way!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr (and Mrs) F.U.I.

    I regularly look in, but notice that there hasn't been any activity on here for a while now. I hope everything is ok with you?

    I very much enjoy your blogging of the travel adventures (the three Japan visits especially), so even if future postings are restricted to those, then please continue to do so! And please keep the archive open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the email notification for comments was disabled. I've set it up again now though so comments can be left again.

      Delete