Monday 30 May 2011

Rumbling Tum - Norwich

- Now Closed -

46 St Benedicts Street
Norwich
Norfolk
NR2 4AQ


This place has been here for years, finally I decided to pop inside.



There are not many tables inside but I managed to get one ok.



Yep, salt and pepper.



Heinz ketchup is always a nice surprise! A nicely presented pot of tea comes with the fry up.



A decent cup of tea at that!



Toast is also included and arrived nice and hot.



Presentation was impressive and there was plenty of food but was it any good?



Rumbling Tum had slipped through the fry up inspection net until recently when a friend had visited there and reminded me about it. As soon as Friday arrived I rushed down there to see what was on offer...

Upon entering - The seating area although really clean, well lit and tidy is quite small and is made up of about 5-6 tables, but I managed to get a table ok. I looked everywhere but despite rolls and sandwiches being advertised there was no mention of a fry up so I ended up having to ask the lady behind the counter. You order what you would like and pay at the counter, everything is then bought to you at your table. 7/10

Service - All the staff here were really friendly and I found them to be very efficient too. The lady taking my order bought everything I needed over to me, tea, toast, sauces and cutlery. The chap that had cooked it bought it to my table and was nice and friendly too. The other lady working there popped by the table after the food had arrived to check everything was ok. 9/10

Contents - 1 sausage, 2 bacon, fried potato slices, fried egg, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, beans and 2 slices of toast. 8/10

Presentation - Some thought had gone into placing the food onto the plate and it did look great. The pot of tea and plate of toast was also presented nicely as was the spotless cutlery wrapped in a serviette. 8/10

The food - At first glance I thought an economy sausage was on the plate but to my delight it was a really nice meaty sausage, the bacon was fairly standard as were the mushrooms. The fried egg for me was a bit overdone and the yolk was way too firm. The fried potato slices were delicious, crisp and golden, the tomatoes were cooked just long enough so that the skins fell off when you cut into them and tasted quite nice. There was a decent sea of stodgy beans and hot toast with margarine, though butter would have been nicer. 7/10

Value for money - The breakfast came with a plate of toast and a pot of tea or coffee for £6.35 which I felt was a fair price. 7/10

Veggie option - Nothing advertised but I'm sure they would sort you something out.

Overall - The location is nice and central, the staff are really friendly, everything is nicely presented and clean. the food is nice enough. I have not found many places in Norwich city to be particularly great but this place I liked and I will most likely return again. 8/10





No comments:

Post a Comment