Thursday 23 August 2018

Punk Rock Holiday Adventure - Day 4

Most na Soci and the third night of PRH

We skipped breakfast this morning and caught a bus to nearby Most na Soci. The town was a short bus journey from Tolmin and is situated on the edge of a large reservoir on the Soci River. When we arrived we were blown away by the beauty of this place with it's green water and stunning backdrop of the Julian alps.


Here's a short video on the banks of the reservoir at Most na Soci.

 
We stopped at a pizzeria overlooking the reservoir for some lunch. The pizzas here were excellent and the toppings were generous. A pizza and large beer cost less than €10.


We decided to go on the Ladja Lucija, a paddle boat that takes you on short cruise from the reservoir along the Soci River. The cost of the one hour trip was just €8 and it was also possible to eat lunch on the boat too, damn we'd just eaten pizza!


Aboard the boat I ordered an ice cold Union Radler, a really refreshing beer and grapefruit drink. It cost just €2.50 and had a low 2% alcohol content, they come in a selection of different flavours.

On the boat we travelled South along the Soca river passing the town of Most na Soci.


The best thing about the boat trip was the captain who along the way kept us entertained and told us a fairytale. You'll have to go on the journey yourself if you want to hear it though! He also let children (and my wife) wear the captains hat and steer the boat.

Back onshore I bought an ice cream lolly, it was a bit bland if I'm honest.


Moments later though my wife spotted homemade ice cream at the pizzeria we'd eaten at earlier.


I couldn't resist, this was more like it! A delicious chocolate ice cream costing a mere €1.20, it didn't like waiting to be photographed though and dripped in protest.


We had initially planned on having a night off from the festival tonight but a last minute fear of missing out kicked in!  We arrived just in time to catch Voodoo Glow Skulls.

Followed by H2O from New York City. 


Beside the main stage was a hot dog seller, I decided to try one. Pretty good for €5.50.


This flyer had caught my eye. The ribs from Slam BBQ on the first night were amazing so I made a mental note to try the pulled punk burger at some point.


Another great Swedish band, Satanic Surfers


Closing the night and my favourite band of the festival were Beatsteaks from Germany. I hadn't seen them before tonight but my wife had been listening to them for quite a few weeks leading up to the festival. A great band which I'll definitely try to catch again somewhere.


Beatsteaks finished with a cover of a Pixies song "Where is my mind". My wife was delighted as it's one of her favourite songs, a great end to an amazing night!

 
Nothing quite hits the spot after a few beers like a doner wrap!


Click here for
Day 5 - All day experience at PRH

No comments:

Post a Comment