Sunday 29 August 2010

Hunger Breaks - Full Monty in a tin

Available from most supermarkets


It might seem like a good idea at the time but you will end up wishing you never bothered!



Yep, you will think somebody has puked onto your plate!



Me and my wife were shopping for beer as we were off to "Boomtown Fair" (a music festival in Buckingham) for the weekend. We normally either bring a BBQ with us or buy food off the stalls when we get there. We decided against the idea of taking a BBQ this time and kept an eye out for anything instant to eat in the mornings. We noticed Hunger Breaks full monty in a tin for £1.24, thinking they might be ok we grabbed 4 tins.

Waking up on the Saturday morning in the back of the van at Boomtown we suddenly remembered the full monty's in a tin. I think at this point the reality of how rank they were going to be had dawned upon us, what the hell were we thinking when we bought them! It was pissing down with rain outside and we were far too hungover to get dressed and go buy some proper food so we opened a can..

Contents - 2 sausages, bacon slices, beef cutlet, mushrooms, potato chunks & beans. 4/10

The food - Imagine what it would be like to eat cat food then bite into the sausage, bacon & beef cutlet, yuk!! Very bland mushrooms, potatoes & beans. 2/10

Value for money - You will not be impressed, £1.24 spent on anything other than this is always gonna be a better option. It's edible but so is paper, it will fill you up if you can stomach it but don't do it to yourself! 2/10

Overall - Having tried it cold out of the tin I decided to heat the other tins up when I got home again thinking they must be nicer hot. They are just as grim when heated up so do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague. Why the company making these didn't at testing stage realise they were rank and go back to the drawing board is beyond me! 2/10

16 comments:

  1. you are talking bollocks pal. bollocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Bollocks" is what's probably in those "sausages" and "beef" cutlets...

      Delete
  2. You like full monty in a tin?!?

    I suppose someone has to eh pal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first comment. I've just tried the full monty for the first time and its edible, it all tastes like beans lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's edible, my point was that it isn't very enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. Seems like the only living creature that could possibly like this tin'o'crap is a dog. Ergo, one has to assume the top comment is written by the worlds first typing K9.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sick and tired of 'bloggers' laying into Hunger Breaks. It tastes like any other canned food does - hardly gormet but an edible (and yeah, occasionally enjoyable) cupboard staple. As far as I can see Hunger Breaks have never masqueraded as a substitute for a real fried breakfast. Your review is biased and anyone who uses the word 'rank' in a food blog needs to go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are clearly easily pleased, Lucky you!!

      Delete
    2. They are good for a snack. Taste pleasant enough. All day breakfast is my favourite. Not 'rank', at all. They are an upgrade on beans and sausages tins. Each to their own, as they say.

      Delete
  6. Use these as a cooking aid.
    When whatever I cook turns out inedible, I find that eating one of these or an MRE as a substitute soon sharpens your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutly discusting all processed rubbish the whole tin tastes like dog meat

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the comments against hunger breaks and the fact that the writers eat dog food to be able to tell the difference.I just ate a can with home made chips and I enjoyed it for what it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Sonny! You seriously never tried a tiny bit of dog food out of curiosity?

      Delete
  9. Having just eaten a tin myself, I'd say it reminds me of the beans and sausages in a tin that my folks used to feed me as a kid, but with added industry and capitalism flavour. I mostly bought my tin as a joke and I wouldn't buy it again but it sure was an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both all day breakfast and full monty. Sometimes, thats what I have for dinner. Certainly filling if you (like me) have 2 tins. Anyone who finds it disgusting, or "rank", doesn't need to eat it again. Please remember, people have widely differing tastes. Plenty if these tins are sold, so you mayfind you are in the minority. No, I do mot work for Hunger Breaks.

    ReplyDelete