Sunday 16 May 2010

Whistlestop Cafe at Aylsham Station - Norfolk

Whistlestop Cafe
Bure Valley Railway
Aylsham Station
Norwich Road
Aylsham
Norfolk

The cafe is big with plenty of tables.


It is well signposted from the Bure Valley Railway carpark.


Upon entering - I went on a weekday at about 10.30am and the place was almost empty. I spotted a Breakfast offer, full english And toast & butter for £4.95. It was spacious and everything looked nice and clean, it overlooks the platform where the steam trains are. 8/10

Service - The friendly lady who took my order returned quickly with a good pot of tea, and before long returned again with the cooked breakfast. 8/10

Contents - 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 hash browns, 2 fried eggs, tinned tomatoes, beans, toast & butter & pot of tea. 8/10

Presentation - Everything nicely placed on the plate. 8/10

The Food - The sausages were economy but kind of reminded me of school ones which I liked, nicely cooked bacon, good crispy hash browns, perfect fried eggs, large tinned tomato* and good portion of beans. The toast was served whole which I prefer as it is easier to wrap around the bacon or sausage. 8/10

Value for money - A lot of food for your money, you will not leave hungry. 9/10

Veggie option - Yes

Overall - A pleasant surprise and incredibly good value for money. I got the impression that the people working there cared about their customers and their reputation which is always a good thing but often overlooked. 8/10

* I went back recently and it was still good but something was missing?? Then I spotted it, no juicy plum tomato. Not the end of the world but missed all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment