Friday 15 October 2010

Baguettes Plus - Norwich

66 Prince of Wales Road
Norwich
NR1 1LT

Limited metered parking available on Prince of Wales Road


I must admit I had never noticed it before and only usually end up on Prince of Wales road after dark, probably too drunk after leaving Hades bar at silly o' clock to notice such things!




Clean and spacious inside




Everything you need huddled together neatly




Tea was £1.60 for a pot, I wish I had left that tea bag in a bit longer though..




It will not be winning any prizes for content but it was cooked nicely, tasted delicious and was a complete pleasure to eat!




The six month dentist checkup had gone without a hitch and as I left the dentist on Prince of Wales Road I spotted a cafe I had never really noticed, time for another fry up but was it any good..

Upon entering - I was pleasantly surprised at how big the place was, loads of seating and a counter towards the rear. The pan pipe music being played in the background wasn't really my thing but it might appeal to some, actually it probably wouldn't but at least there was no deadly silence. There are menus on each table and a big one over the counter. 6/10

Service - The well spoken chap who took my order seemed friendly enough taking my order and asked if I would like any extras, I couldn't see any extras on the menu so wouldn't know for sure what they are anyway. The food was bought over fairly swiftly after ordering it. 7/10

Contents - 2 sausages, 2 bacon, fried egg, baked beans, toast and butter. 6/10

Presentation - There wasn't a lot on the plate to present but what was there sat nicely together. If I have to be picky the sausage near the edge of the plate would have looked better facing the other way so it flowed with the plate edge. I didn't lose no sleep over it though so not a problem! 7/10

The food - 2 delicious pork sausages, really good bacon, a text book fried egg and nice beans that were slightly stogy how I like them, a nice slice of toast and proper butter. It was cooked very nicely and a joy to eat. 9/10

Value for money - £5 for what I got felt like a fair price as it tasted so damn good. A pot of tea cost an additional £1.60. 8/10

Veggie option - Yes

Overall - A good spacious cafe, friendly staff and great food. Well worth a visit if you are passing but if you want extras on your fry up it will bump the price up and im not really sure what the extras are as they are not listed anywhere. Don't forget your ipod if you want to avoid a pan pipes rendition of careless whisper! 7/10



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review!

    We're a family run coffee shop/sandwich bar and quality, locally-sourced produced is important to us so we're very pleased that shone through!

    We loved hearing from a happy customer so much, that you've inspired us to make a Facebook page.

    We'd love it if you would 'Like' our page and suggest to friends! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baguettes-Plus/125777354158177

    Hope you return soon :-)

    Baguettes Plus

    PS. As for the panpines - they're long gone! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, only just seen your comment and you are welcome! The locally sourced produce did indeed shine through and makes a huge difference. I will join your facebook page and return again soon!

    ReplyDelete