Saturday 16 March 2019

Artel - Norwich

67 London Street 
Norwich 
NR2 1HL
 Opening hours
Monday to Friday - 8am till 4pm
Saturday - 9am till 5pm
Sunday - 10am till 4pm

Dog friendly
Free WIFI

Website
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook



Artel is somewhere I'd been meaning to visit for a long time. It's a building I'd eaten in many times in the past when it used to be Pandora's Kitchen. 


The space on the first floor is modern, bright and relaxing. The perfect environment to enjoy a spot of brunch or chat with a friend over a coffee.


The large table in the centre is ideal for a large group.


Most of seating here consists of stools but there are some softer seating options.


A tough decision but the chicken waffles were definitely calling my name! You can read the full menu here.


The coffee here is excellent and reasonably priced.


This was the nicest thing I've eaten in a long time! Deep fried harissa spiced chicken with lime avocado served on a malt waffle with red pepper sauce and maple syrup. Such an impressive combination of flavours and textures that work together beautifully.



My wife ordered the Tempeh tacos - Marinated tempeh, slaw, pickled cucumbers, salad, vegan dressing and coriander served in blue corn tacos.


So overall a great environment covering two floors with the upstairs being the quieter space. There's also seating outside on London Street which is a good option in the warmer months. It's dog and child friendly and serves food well into the afternoon so the perfect spot for a late brunch. The chicken and waffles was so delicious I know I'll be tempted to order it every time I visit now! I probably should try the breakfast burrito next time though as that sounds pretty special too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment