Monday 12 December 2016

Santa's Big Breakfast @ Polo Bar in London

176 Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 4NQ

Open 24 hours

Nearest tube - Liverpool Street

I'd been eating Christmas sandwiches since they first appeared in the shops since mid October. I do love Christmas food and had remembered that you can always rely on Polo Bar in London to create a festive breakfast. In early December they launched their Christmas menu which featured four different festive dishes for under £10 each. I'd tried Santa's Big Breakfast here last year so was delighted to see it return again to their menu. I was visiting London for the weekend and decided I just had to try this great breakfast again.



A jumbo sausage is wrapped in bacon to form a pig in blanket, I thought more bacon was needed to cover the sausage but loved the idea of presenting it this way. The traditional elements of the breakfast are the fried eggs, tomato and toast. These are accompanied by homemade stuffing and Christmas baked beans which are cooked with caramalised onions. The Cajun sweet potato chips are delicious, especially dipped in the cranberry sauce. I loved this breakfast with a festive kick, everything seems to work so well with this combination of items. It's available throughout December so be sure to visit Polo Bar opposite Liverpool Street Station to try it. It's the only festive breakfast I know of out there and don't forget they're open 24 hours.


Huge thanks to Polo Bar and Samphire Communications for inviting me along to try this.


2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious, I think I'd prefer it as a lunch though. Anyway, great blog got any more "Food Adventures" planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate it for my lunch :-)
      More Spanish and Japanese Food Adventures in 2017, can't wait!

      Delete